In this post you will learn why knowing your exact time of birth is so important and what you need to know about birth time rectification. You can watch the free webinar below and read the summery below.
First let’s find out why your exact time of birth is so substantial for the accuracy of your horoscope. Here are the things which can change:
- Signs on the cusps of the houses – knowing the sign on the cusp of each house allows you to define the possible circumstances in regards to the life areas which this house represents. If the sign is different then the ruler of the house will also be different. Usually, this shift occurs when the cusp of the house is in the first/last few degrees of certain sign. Sometimes one-minute difference in your time of birth may change some cusp signs.
- Position of planets in houses – it is crucially important to know the exact house position of each planet. Those position may change, especially of the planet is in the beginning or the end of certain house.
- Aspects between the planets and the cusps of the houses – this is another thing which is very important for the right interpretation of your horoscope. For example, it would be one case if Saturn squares the cusp of your 4th house or Venus has a trine with it. Those aspects also might be different if your time of birth is not correct.
- Degrees on the cusps of the houses – it takes approximately 4 minutes for the shift between one degree and the next one – for example between 2nd and 3rd degree in Taurus. This can be important if you are using certain system for degree classification, like the Egyptian.
- Position of planets in signs – this is a rare but also possible case. Usually, it can happen when the planet is in the very last or first degree. Most often it can happen with the Moon, because it is fastest planet.
All of the reasons that we’ve discussed so far are related to the correct interpretation of your natal chart. However, the exact time of birth is also very important for the accuracy of your prediction. How is that?
- Solar arc directions – this is the most important method, which can “allow” or “forbid” certain events. If certain event is not indicated as possible according to this method then it won’t happen even if the other methods show it is possible. The challenge with this method is that it is extremely time sensitive. 4 min difference in your time of birth can change the period of certain event with one year. This is also the main method which we use for birth time rectification.
- Progressions – an inaccurate time of birth will change the period when you have an ingression of the progressed houses from one sign to another. If you don’t know what it means you just need to remember that those shifts are also very indicative for significant changes in your life. The aspects between the progressed planets and your natal houses will also be different.
- Transits – this method is not so time sensitive. The most important which can be different is the period when the outer planets make aspects with your natal cusps of houses. These are also very significant events, which we shouldn’t neglect.
I hope that I have convinced you how important it is to know your exact time of birth.
Next, I will explain what you need to know about the birth time rectification. Unfortunately, this is a very advanced technique, which can’t be explained in one article, but I will show at least the right approach.
- Appearance – first we need to assess the body structure and most importantly the face of the person. Here we use the help of the physiognomy, which is a science explaining the connection between the planets and our appearance. Generally, if certain planet has an aspect with the Ascendant it also “leaves marks” on our face. For example, Mars affects the chin and makes it stronger and more angular. The Sun can make the nose and the forehead more specific, etc. This method is also helpful if we are not sure about the sign of the Ascendant.
- Quality assessment – this can be done if we don’t know the exact sign on certain house cusp or we suspect that a planet might be in a different house. In order to do that we need more information about the life of the person. Sometimes we can skip this step.
- Life events – this is the most important step, which allows us to make the final conclusion. Here we need to know the dates/periods of important events, which have already happened. The most common events are: marriage, divorce, birth of a child, death of close people, accidents, traumas, surgeries, graduation, birth of siblings, emigration, new home, new job, etc.
The main method which we use is the solar arc directions. Based on that we can define the most accurate time of birth. The general rule is that if certain event has happened in the past, during this period the houses related to this event have been active. For example, marriage is indicated by 7th or 10th house, birth of a child by 5th and 8th house, etc.
Who needs a birth time rectification?
- Everyone who doesn’t know their time of birth or the only thing they know is that it was early morning or in the afternoon or something like that
- Everyone who’s time of birth is suspiciously exact – like 4 pm or 1:30 am. Of course, there are people who are born exactly at 4 pm, but very often the time of birth is rounded, because it’s easier to remember
- Even if you have it written in your birth certificate or your mother claims to remember exactly, it is still recommended to have a rectification, because sometimes the clock which has been used might have been incorrect. Also, the astronomical time sometimes is a little different from what we use
In conclusion, I would like to say that everyone who is really interested in astrology and wants to have an accurate interpretation of his birth chart and prediction, needs to have a birth time rectification.
Click the button below to get your own birth time rectification!